Jordan Debney is a New Zealand born Australia based artist specialising in illustration, street wear graphics and wood cut paintings.
What started as a creative hobby in the calm scenes of Palmerston North, New Zealand soon became a personal quest to form something bigger than a unique venture — taking ideas from a modern grunge-esque youth that utilises colour and light as a resource rather than a tool and uses them to cast visuals that would be reminiscent of an earlier time where rawness and vulnerability was glorified. The desire to illustrate and become an artist has always been a hidden pulse in his life, whether it stemmed from his early obsessions over comic books and cartoons, or analyzing the blend of death, colour, illustrative art altogether.
It’s no longer a search for genre, but rather an evolving style, appreciating the trials of adulthood at age 28 and letting him and his audience grow into something beyond a young man and his art.
Snapchat • A Lost Cause Official • IRONFIST • Inject Design • No Cure Magazine • Billy Bones Club • Breaking Beats • Palmerston North City Council • Garage Project • Wellington Chocolate Factory • Havana Coffee Works • Parrotdog Breweries • Burger Liquor • RSIapparel • Union Tattoo • Shapers INC • The Paper Rain Project • The Ramen Shop • Hillside Kitchen and Cellar
• Wunderground Episode 1, 2017
• Outre Gallery Blog - The Fear Of Everything, September 2019
• No Cure Magazine - "Lost At Sea" Editorial Piece on Mental Health, Illustration & Words, April 2019
• Garage Project - Art Of Beer Book 2019
• THE PARTAE Blog, October 2018
• PIKCHUR Magazine, August 2018
• No Cure Magazine - ISSUE 16 Paradiso, April 2018
• No Cure Magazine Blog, January 2017
• King Brown Magazine Blog, March 2013
• Pantophobia - Debut Solo Show, Outre Gallery, Fitzroy, Melbourne AU, Sept 2019
• Art Behind the Brand - Downtown Los Angeles, CA, USA, March 2019
• Decks For Change - PEACE, Workshop Fitzroy, Melbourne AU, April 2019
• Terra Oztralis - Outre Gallery, Melbourne AU, October 2018
• Papershrine by Paperform, Lamington Drive, Melbourne AU, July 2018
• LEVEL UP - The Culprit Club, Brisbane AU, July 2018
• Decks For Change - F*CK The Status Quo, Colonial Brewery, Port Melbourne AU, April 2018
• Industry Of Imagination - Pretty Ugly, New Zealand Academy of Fine Arts, Wellington NZ, June 2017
• Refuge In Art - Black Coffee, Wellington NZ, March 2017
• Decks For Change - Framingham Underground, Wairau NZ, June 2017
• A Lost Cause Official - Iron 'n' Wood, Wellington NZ, Auckland NZ / Los Angeles USA, December 2016
If you or your business is interested in graphic based illustrations or mural work, HMU.